Kale can be a bitter green but when you massage it with lemon and olive oil, it will become your new favorite green.
Nothing pairs better than kale and Sumo Citrus. The Sumo Citrus really brings out the flavors of the other ingredients in the salad. It not only tastes delicious but everyone will comment on how beautiful it is.
This delicious recipe brings together Sumo Citrus with avocado, a mellow goat cheese, red onion and pine nuts. Because the Sumo Citrus is so juicy and the kale is massaged, you’ll likely not find that additional dressing was needed, but you could add a simple vinaigrette as desired.
- 1 bunch of kale, de-stemmed and cut into small pieces.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Sumo Citrus, peeled and cut into rounds
- 1 avocado cut into slices
- ¼ red onion, cut into slivers
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- Massage kale with olive oil and juice of lemon
- Split kale onto 2 plates and top with remaining ingredients