There is truly nothing better than sipping on a warm, perfectly spiced beverage to warm you up while you listen to Christmas music and shop. When you make this mulled wine recipe, you’re transported to a magical place.
This is the perfect mulled wine recipe. In just 15 minutes, a bottle of wine is transformed into a cozy drink that is sure to please all mulled wine lovers. We recommend buying merlot, with notes of dark cherry and chocolate. It pairs perfectly with the flavors of Sumo Citrus and the spices.
- 1 bottle of wine (Merlot is great in this recipe)
- ¼ cup Brandy
- 2 Sumo Citrus
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (adjust to preferences)
- 5 whole star anise
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Optional: Fresh Cranberries, to garnish
- In a large pot over low heat, squeeze the juice of one Sumo Citrus
- Slice another Sumo Citrus and add to pan
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well
- Let the ingredients heat up but do not bring to a boil, about 15 minutes.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with cranberries.