Made with simple ingredients, you can whip this meal up faster than ordering from your favorite take-out spot.
The blend of sweet Sumo with the salty soy sauce and heat from chili paste is the perfect combination that will have your taste buds singing. It coats the crispy tofu so well. We suggest the perfect bite of crispy tofu plus a juicy piece of Sumo Citrus – so good!
While this recipe calls for tofu, you can easily substitute a protein of your choice. We prefer to serve this over rice and a side of broccoli but will pair well with just about anything.
- 1 block of extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 Sumo Citrus, juiced
- 1 Sumo Citrus, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar of choice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- Optional: sesame seeds, to garnish
- Cook tofu in the airfryer at 400 for 15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes. If you do not have an air fryer, bake in the oven until crispy.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. In a cup, mix together remaining ingredients and mix until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Over medium heat, add sauce to the pan and let it thicken.
- Once tofu is done, add tofu and Sumo pieces to pan and coat in sauce
- Add to plate and top with sesame seeds