This flavorful Sumo Asian Sesame Chicken Salad was inspired by the Asian Sesame Salad at Panera Bread.The bright flavor and tangy sweetness of this incredible fruit gives an old favorite something extra special.
This salad is perfect for a light and filling healthy meal. Round it out with a slice of fresh bread on the side, sprinkle with wonton strips, or simply serve as it is. This is a favorite to serve to lunch guests. It never disappoints and even guests who traditionally dislike salad find the high protein content and variety of textures to be super satisfying!
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 chopped romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 large Sumo Citrus, peeled with segments chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 6–8 ounces sliced grilled chicken
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small jar or bowl, combine all salad dressing ingredients. Cover and shake or mix well with a fork or whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Arrange 2-3 plates or large serving bowls. Add a bed of lettuce to each, then top with sumo citrus, almonds, and chicken.
- Top the salad with fresh cilantro and a generous drizzle of salad dressing. Enjoy immediately!